Looking for skilled, hard working craftsman for Portland painter jobs . . .
We are looking for a pleasant and motivated person who enjoys restoring homes and wood surfaces to their former beauty. This is a seasonal position and the exterior painting season usually goes until about October or November, depending on weather. We paint residential exteriors using high quality paints and we stain fences, decks, siding, and other exterior wood structures usually using Timber Pro Deck & Fence stain.
• Apply cleaner and pressure wash exterior of home or strip / clean stained wood and allow to dry
• Scrape loose paint, prime bare wood, caulk cracks and around windows, and other preps as necessary
• Sand decks as needed with floor sander or random orbital sander
• Mask windows and other surfaces and put out tarps
• Apply two coats of paint or stain by airless sprayer, stain sprayer, brush, and/or roller
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
• Ability to stand, bend, squat, and kneel for extended periods of time
• Work on ladders up to 40’ and move ladders independently up to 32’
• Work in a variety of temperatures and conditions, especially the hot weather
• Have a driver’s license and a vehicle to get from job to job
• Eligible to work in the United States
• Work in a team environment or independently, depending on job
• Be respectful of our employees, our customers and their homes, pets, and belongings
• Knowledge of airless sprayer, pressure washer, stain sprayer, and Timber Pro products a plus
• Be able to work at a fast, steady pace and have precise brush work
We are willing to train the right person, but you need to have at least one season of painting experience to apply.
• Two to four years of experience with residential painting. Familiar with staining and Timber Pro products a plus. Has painted at least 25 residential exteriors and can demonstrate ability plus proficient use of paint and stain equipment - $20 - $22 / hr.
• Expert painter with at least five years of experience (AT LEAST 50 residential exterior jobs completed) and extremely experienced with spraying and pressure washing. Can debug issues that arise with product application or equipment, needing minimal to no supervision - $22 - $26 / hr.
• Some overtime work over the summer
We look forward to hearing from you!